International Puppy and Trainer (IPTC) Official Contest Rules
The following are the official rules of the contest. These rules may be amended by the producers of the contest if the need arises. Any contestant found to not be following the rules will be subject to discipline, which may take the form of point reduction or disqualification.
Any Pup/Trainer Titleholder from 2019 and up is eligible to participate in the 2023 IPTC contest. As long as the title is not in conflict with a regional feeder contest, and as long as the Title contest is aligned with the Mission, Core Values, and Code of Conduct of the IPTC contest. The producers will have the final decision on a contestant's eligibility. All applications will be reviewed by the Producers before approving contestants to compete. Applications must be submitted by February 28,2023, 30 days prior to the contest at 11:59 PM EST.
1. At the time of application, social media accounts may be reviewed. Any questions regarding past behavior will be addressed at this time. Examples would be (but are not limited to): symbols that promote racism or bigotry, speech that squelches diversity and inclusion, rhetoric that is consistently inflammatory in nature, espousal of willful consent violations.
2. All contestants will participate in all categories of the contest, as given under the scoring guidelines.
3. All contestants will bring to the event 1 at least one basket of donated goods to be sold at auction. Themed baskets bring in the most money, and it is always wise to consider your audience.
4. Contestants shall not attempt to sway the judges through gifts, meals, favors, or any other kind of items or acts that could be seen as bribery.
5. Illegal substance use is prohibited (Non-Medical) and is subject to the rules of the contest location.
6. Excessive use of alcohol will likely result in a reduction of points in the Lifestyle Image portion.
7. Nudity and actual sex acts are not permitted on the stage. All contestants must have front genitals covered with opaque material at all times, and the buttocks must be covered by a minimum of a 1” strap.
Per City of Chicago city's municipal code section 8-8-080 Titled "Indecent Exposure or Dress," the ordinance prohibits women from exposing to public view "any portion of the breast at or below the areola." Women are required to cover their breasts with an "opaque covering." The ordinance does not prohibit men from being topless in public.
8. All rules and regulations imposed by the IPTC event must be followed. Removal from the IPTC event will result in immediate disqualification from the contest.
9. The producers reserve the right to amend these rules as necessary. If this occurs, all parties involved will be notified.
10. The producers and the staff of the contest do not have any authority to override any judge's decision. The head judge is in charge of the judging team. In case of a tie, the Head Judge will make the final decision.
11.If there is any question on the integrity of the scoring or other activities, it will then be reviewed by the producers and a final decision will be made.
12. Contestants must agree that if they win they will represent the International Puppy or Trainer title throughout the title year as explained in the section below entitled “Titleholder Expectations”.
13. In the event of a first runner-up, the first runner-up agrees to assume the title, privileges, and responsibilities if the titleholder voluntarily resigns or involuntarily is removed.
14. The title year is defined as beginning when a Contestant is named the winner of the International Puppy and Trainer contest and concludes at the following year's contest when a new winner is announced.
15. After the contest, the winners will meet with the Producers to discuss and begin planning how the titleholder will meet the expectations as listed in the "Expectation of winners" document. The titleholders will also be expected to sign an additional photo release that covers all future events in which the winner is representing IPTC as the titleholder.
Fraternization with the Judges
International Puppy and Trainer contestants are encouraged to get to know the judges and interact with them. However, contestants are prohibited from having private meetings or engaging in any sexual activity or scene play with the judges prior to the announcement of the contest results. Any behavior that might create the appearance of bias will be brought to the attention of the Producers, who along with the Head Judge (if not involved) will decide if the disqualification of the judge and/or contestant is warranted.
To avoid accidental violation of this policy and possible removal from the contest, contestants and judges will be introduced to each other prior to the beginning of the contest weekend. Additionally, all contestants and judges must display their identification badges at all times throughout the weekend.